Monday, January 24, 2011

2008-11-19 Thanksgiving ramblings

Thanksgiving ramblings

on 11-19-2008 at 11:13 PM (84 Views)
OK, I should have been on here longer ago then this... oh well...

I did finally email my 'sister,' though I am still coming to terms with the whole situation. I AM happy for her and my children are excited that Aunt B and Uncle W are going to have a baby. She did respond back that they just found out it's a boy! I had to laugh!! We grew up in a house of all women! The three of us even had our cycles in sync after a while. Our dog was a girl, the cats we had were girls... basically the only men in our lives are our current husbands. I got 'lucky' (unlucky? IDK) to have two girls (well three, but God's taking care of the one) so far. She said that she's not going to know what to do with herself taking care of a boy. What a chuckle!

I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that if this cycle is a bust, I wont be pg on Corine's due date... or Christmas for that matter. I was talking with Allison tonight at care group (small groups from church) about it and realized that if I do get pg this cycle, I would be 12 weeks that week of Jan 27th, that's when the whole ordeal with Corine started, so I would be a nervous wreck! Nervous wreck or mental breakdown that week, neither is going to be pleasant, though I think nerves can be calmed better than anything else I would think I will be going through.

There was a mom's night out this last weekend with MOPS. There were only three of us there, but that meant the conversation was more intimate. It was good. The other two gals prompted me to talk about Corine and her loss. It was helpful, that's not to say that I'm all better about things, that's a wound that will only heal in heaven, but it was good to talk about things, and fears, and hopes with those two women.

Thanksgiving is next Thursday (one week away). Thanksgiving plans include picking up my MIL from the train station this Saturday morning. She will be here for a week. We are going to do the whole meal thing for just the 5 of us... unless DH can convince someone else to come over... I am super excited, and DD doesn't have school all next week so that's just icing on the cake. DH is concerned about her political views vs ours and doesn't really want to bring the subject up, but thinking she might...

My sister R is 'home' from South Africa for a longer Christmas vacation than normal (she's a missionary there) and we spoke a few weeks ago about her coming out here, but she realized that the funds just weren't there to be able to do that. BUT she emailed me the other day to say that she 'found' some reward miles that she needs to use, and is rethinking about coming out! It would only be a couple of days, but how awesome is God that He had her find those miles to be able to use!!! I am still waiting on confirmation from her, but I'm still super excited! (can you tell ) So that would be the week after Thanksgiving (the first week in Dec).

My DD, Megan had a well check last week, since her birthday was a few weeks ago. The Dr checked things and was feeling her tummy and said that her liver and spleen feel enlarged... (I'm thinking 'and what does that mean??!!') Doc said that it's probably nothing, asked if she'd been sick (like I can remember, she always active), but he wants to get things checked out to be on the safe side. So he sends us up to the hospital for some blood work. My wonderful daughter was such a champ and gave them three vials of blood from her arm, without a peep! So the we have an appointment on wed the 2nd to follow up and to make sure that she's fine (at least that's my prayer).

So, as things get busier and busier I am consistently trying to remember how much God has blessed us and to keep my focus on HIM, and HE is still to be praised even if this cycle is a bust (please no) and I am not pg on Corine's due date.
OK I've rambled enough for one blog, good night ladies

No comments: