Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2008-7-13 Belly pic and a rant about my camera

Belly pic and a rant about my camera

on 07-13-2008 at 11:08 PM (123 Views)
So I finally took my first belly shot at (according to FF) 11w3d.... attached below I am feeling SO huge already... but I am realizing that I am SOOOOO frustrated at Canon (the company that made my camera)... the story... when we got it I was so happy to get a digital camera!!!! we immediately took it out and started playing... well within just a few minutes the "low battery" light was flashing and the camera turned itself off. We found some NEW batteries and that same thing happened within a FEW minutes. Thinking and KNOWING this shouldn't happen we contacted Cannon to get the problem fixed (it was under warranty, since it was brand new). When we got the camera back after two months, IT DID THE SAME THING!!!! So we got really upset with Canon and sent it back again! By this time we had missed taking (digital) pics of our last outing to the Grand Canyon, our move accross the country, my cousin Jonathan's wedding, ad numerous 'cute' moments that our girls have... so after we got the camera back from Canon the second time, we noticed some improvement... we could use the thing without having to change the batteries every two minutes! We have also bought some GOOD rechargeable batteries and have been using those exclusively for the camera.
Tonight when going to take my lovely belly shot, I turn on the camera and get denied, it turned off... so I think "ok, I'll put the backup set of batteries in and charge these ones...." well my backups are lost... i try a NEW set that I bought for the trip last week... DENIED, they didn't even want to take ONE picture. So I go looking for the cheap rechargeables that we have... DENIED AGAIN! I am not having any luck! So I finally go to our battery box and find that we only have two AA batteries (just what I need), test then to see if they are any good, they are, so finally I have something to use while my regular batteries recharge BUT come on... I would love to send this camera back to Canon and give them a piece of my mind ('but it's not in warranty anymore'... can you hear the sarcasm??)
Well I should go to bed...


Update: DH sent an email to Canon (unbeknownst to me) telling them of our ongoing problem... long story short... the problem isn't just our particular camera, it's the model of camera, and we are eligible to send it back again!! yepee!
Click image for larger version    Name: IMG_0257.jpg  Views: 28  Size: 62.7 KB  ID: 55272
Updated 07-21-2008 at 09:02 PM

No comments: