Yeah, all alone.
That is exactly how I feel a lot lately.
I wrote a post about feeling the need for a BFF on SC a while back, so I wont repeat myself here (especially since I am hopeful that SC will come back online at some point and I will be able to copy my posts from there to here).
Sometimes, though, I (Steve too) just feel all alone here in PA. Yeah we've gotten to go to Jon's wedding and Kimmy's wedding and be in Rachel's wedding... but I've missed many friends for AZ getting married, my own brother's marriage, B moving back to Flagstaff, and R coming to Flag on furlough from South Africa. In turn they've missed two m/c and the birth of Holly.
R's post on FB the other day made me both sad and happy at the same time...she said that she had gotten an email that her VISA is being processed. That is exciting! She came to America to work her VISA out and get a new one... but that means that she will probably return to South Africa very soon, which means that she will have come and gone with out our being able to see her. :(
I see posts on FB all the time, one mom to another, saying how fun it was to get together for a play date or whatever... so how come I don't get invited to such things?... Oh I may go to the MNO at the end of this week, but I feel like I was only invited because I go to MOPS and I have an email address.
I think I'm going to re state the jest of my SC blog post... I NEED a friend... I feel like everyone I know around here is merely an acquaintance.
Rant for today over...
CR
No comments:
Post a Comment