"it is well with my soul"
on 08-07-2008 at 09:07 AM (349 Views)
Well, we lost the baby...
Yesterday (8-6-08) I started cramping, I didn't think it was too bad at first. After spending the day doing some grocery shopping, I laid down and had something to eat and some water, and still didn't feel better. We called the OB and they just said to rest, and put me on pelvic rest (no biggie). Then I felt I had to go to the bathroom... ******graphic details to follow******** it felt like an explosion out of my middle, I felt a little better, but the cramping still didn't go away... a few minutes later, I felt gushing... so I ran to the bathroom, and it was blood... I was actually starting to pass the baby. Dear sweet Hubby called 911 (for the first time ever) and we waited (the baby came out completely at home)... they got here and loaded me into the ambulance and we headed to the hospital... DH had also called the OB back, so everyone was well informed... we got to the ER (DH drove separately) and things happened pretty quickly... then not so quickly... a doc from the OB came in (one we hadn't met yet) and was SOOO compassionate! They were telling us that I might need to go to the OR to have an evacuation (D&E) done, but the wonderful doc poked and prodded around down there and I finally expelled the placenta... after that I had to wait around half the night for some IV fluids and potassium (apparently I was low) to get into me. ***end of graphicness***********
- they let us spend some time with the baby, and it was confirmed that it was a little girl... we gave her the name Corine Stephanie... It's my middle name and the fem. version of DH name (I took a page from Taylor) but we thought it fitting. The hosp also let us have a picture of her (and gave us a pamphlet on loss and grieving)
- the doc was looking at the placenta and the umbilical cord and she said that with out a doubt, she is certain, that this would have happened, regardless of what we did last week (CVS), anything we've done in the last 15 weeks, or anything that we would have done future, she said that the cord and the placenta just didn't look right, the baby was definately sick. That was reassuring, in the midst of everything. We are STILL waiting for the results from the CVS to tell us for sure.
- DH told our DD's that the baby went to heaven to be with Jesus. And apparently later, my tenderhearted Faith (age 4) told my mom that the baby went to be with Jesus. They knew that she was sick, but they didn't know that the baby was a girl. Faith still asked me this AM if the baby was sick, so I re-explained that the baby was sick, but went to be with Jesus instead. **update** The CVS came back 'all normal' which means that it was just her placenta and cord that were the 'problem'. I am thinking that incompetent cervix had something to do with it too...**
-finally while we were waiting there, the song "It is well with my Soul" came to mind, we needed some help from my MIL for finding all the lyrics (with no comp available), it was good...
*** 2011 transfer** I think it's fitting for this post to include the comments that this one got, so here goes:
Christina honey I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. If there is anything I could do for you I will.
Praying for you, Christina!
i'm so sorry. i'm thinking and praying for you and your family during this time, and please know that sweet Corine Stephanie will NEVER be forgotten. take comfort that she is with her Maker and is so loved. you're a great woman, and i hope you find peace in these next few months.
Oh, Sweetie! (((Hugs))) Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry about what you are going through. "It is well with my soul" is one of my absolute favorite hymns. And is so fitting. I will keep you in my prayers.
Christina - You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.
I'm so sorry that you lost the baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your little girl. The good news is she can live again with Jesus and you will see her one day. God Bless you.
S
I am so sorry for you loss. That is such a fitting hymn. Just remember she's waiting for you in Heaven and when the time is right you will see your angel again.
I am sorry for your loss! I am praying for you and your family as I am typing this. Be encouraged and strengthened.
Love,
Keisha
No comments:
Post a Comment