Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2009-3-1 The emotion of music

The emotion of music

on 03-01-2009 at 02:22 PM (71 Views)
I lost it in church today... I love music and I love the emotion that music can convey, it's just so hard when the music that I love so dearly brings me to my knees in emotion and tears. We sang (well I'm not sure that I sang too much ... very unlike me) "Blessed be your name" today. It's just such a great song, and we do need to remember to PRAISE HIM in everything, in the good and the bad... all I could do today was cry. I don't think it helped that "H" and "M" had their newborn baby there today (barely two weeks old and she was due a month after I was with Corine), so that coupled with the events of this week... that song really brought me to my knees today. I have managed to control my emotions, but Beth has it right... "It's tough being a woman"!!!!!!

Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
- - -
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name


Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

(emphasis mine) "A" said she sang it for me today. I am glad she did because my voice seemed to fail me today. Thanks "A"

No comments: