Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2009-7-7 Unmerited fears... all over again

Unmerited fears... all over again

on 07-07-2009 at 10:20 AM (99 Views)
I wrote a post on here back in October about finding out my 'sister' was pg. You can read it HERE. Then a few months later in January, my other 'sister' wrote in her blog and I just had to comment HERE. I even posted about being an excited aunt in my family blog HERE, and got a response from 'B' via email

So that brings me to the email from "Grams" that B sent out from her mom who is visiting the happy little family. Now I know what I've said before, I know that they all (mostly) accept me as family and nothing could change that, I know that N is no less Grams to my kids now that Landon is here. But something welled up inside me when I read
We haven’t done anything exciting, but it’s wonderful to just sit around and watch Landon. He is, of course, the cutest baby ever...
The rest of her letter was just mundane stuff they had done. Of course Landon's cute, I've seen pictures, I don't mind the fact that he's cute. It's the fact that N said cutest ever.

I don't feel like our babies were ugly (some are and you just want to cringe when you say "how cute", but MINE weren't like that!). I just don't know how to react, or even what to say when talking to N anymore.

This whole situation isn't helped by the fact that Landon was born 9 months to the day after Corine's passing. It was an eerie coincidence to me and probably one I'll never mention to B, R or N, as I'm sure I'd get some ridicule about it, or they'd just laugh it off.

OK I think my whacked out pg emotions are better now (maybe not completely...). I just hope that I don't need to write another post with this title.

No comments: