Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2009-4-29 Searching for a different church

Searching for a different church

on 04-29-2009 at 10:56 PM (98 Views)
I should be doing some dishes, but feel like I need to post something... now I could post that my current pregnancy seems to be going well, I am so tired on a daily basis, so emotional, 'sore' nipples (more like just strange feelings when they are touched), headaches, sneezing (yes that's a pg sign for me... it has to do with avoiding nausea), a bit of nausea and that incredibly full (dare I say bloated) feeling in my lower abdomen, AND then there's the fact that we've seen a HB (that's the best of all)! Even with all that, we are still keeping this under raps with the kids for the time being

But I'm not here for that today...
As it says up at the top, my family is searching for a different church. I don't really know what to say about it, except that it's rough! I (we) loved our church in Flagstaff! I don't know if we'll ever find one that we love so well... but we have now been to two different churches that I am really not so sure about. The first was an independent church and while it wasn't bad, and I could see myself (and my family) going back, it didn't 'jump off the page' so to speak. The second we went to was a Baptist church, it was very muchly NOT what we are looking for! There is another one close by that I would like to see, but I have a feeling that it will be similar to the last one... (I could be wrong) There is also another church (further into town) that DH and I joked about when we first moved here, because the pastor's last name is Dull LOL and we though 'How could you go somewhere where the pastor is dull' But in all seriousness, the web sight that they have looks promising. I meant to ask at MOPS last week where some of the women go... but, in all my pg brain, forgot. And when I talked to Kristy about it when I dropped off dinner last night, she mentioned another gal at MOPS, but didn't know the name of the church. *SIGH* I wish it were easier to find a place where your whole family feels like they fit in and has the things that your family is looking for. So again I *sigh*

Oh and the reason we are looking for someplace different? We have realized, two years after we started going there, that the focus of the church is NOT what we feel we can focus our lives on. It's not that it's a bad focus for a church, it's just not what we are looking for. Also, DH is having a hard time getting through to the pastor about a certain issue that I happen to agree with DH on (go figure, huh?). Now we have a list of things we would like to see in a church that we attend, and unfortunately I think about half of then have to do with the current issues we are having with the church we were going to. *sigh*

Now for some homemade ice cream and beddy bye... dishes can be done tomorrow...

No comments: